Aerial Work Platform
Aerial Work Platform (AWP) is cost-effective and easy to use. It is lightweight and compact in size and can be used in schools, churches, warehouses etc. The aerial work platform also known as an elevated work platform or aerial device is mechanical equipment that has used to provide temporary access to equipment or people to inaccessible places that are generally at a height.
These mechanical devices are usually used to provide the crane operator with the flexibility to access the places that cannot be reached otherwise by the human. It is mainly used for construction work, maintenance or cleaning of building walls/glasses. The firefighters also use the mobile elevating work platform to extinguish the fire in case of an emergency.
Mtandt aerial device has only a limited weight capacity, which is usually not less than a ton. There are few elevating work platforms that had a higher safe work load (SWL) capacity. The aerial work platforms give solutions for interior work on large construction sites, like high rises and light-duty construction purposes.
The work platform made of a tough, durable metallic base and covered with a cage or rails for protecting the person standing on the platform. The platform is connected to a mechanical arm that lifts the platform to the top. The person standing on the platform can regulate the descent or ascent of the platform using a control deck located there.
Types of the Aerial Work Platform
Depending on the specific task there are different types of elevated platforms and each type of platform has its unique fuel resource and working mechanism. The most commonly used model is the EWP (elevated work platform). This type of platform is operated hydraulically, and it is very similar to a crane that has different joints that enables it to be used for up and over applications.
The scissor lift is the other popularly used aerial platform. It can swiftly move up and down mainly because of its unfolding system, which is made of crisscross construction that elongates and compresses itself as and when required. A scissor lift can be hydraulic, pneumatic or mechanized.
Preventive Measures of Aerial Work Platform:
1. Plan your work according to the task requirements and make sure that the operator is aware of the surroundings, the possible hazards and ways to avoid them.
2. Choose the right type of aerial platform. The size and the method of access to the platform provide should match the type of task you wish to carry out.
3. Strictly adhere to the basic safety ways such as checking the work area before lift the work platform, lifting the platform up slowly and carefully, avoid leaning over handrails and always keep your attention focused on the work and the direction in which the platform is moving.
4. Avoid squeezing past an obstacle at the height
5. Make sure you have rescue experts in the standby to help you to get to safety in case of an unforeseen accident or if you get trapped while performing your task.
No products were found matching your selection.