The Rope Access Manager is responsible for defining, implementing and reviewing the operation of a safe system of work with assistance from the Health and Safety Manager. Within the organization the Rope Access Manager takes also responsibilities for commercial and marketing activities, to improve the market position of the organization. The Rope Access Manager acquires new Rope Access projects and does the operational management of Rope Access activities. She/ he takes care of the establishment and development of long term relations with clients and strategic partners. Report to Director – Operations
● Manage and review the quality and safety of rope access activities within the organization
● Ongoing review and development of current rope access processes and procedures
● Preparing rope access projects in terms of cost calculations, method statements, risk assessments, etc.
● Ensure all signed rope access documentation/paperwork is returned to head office and filed in the correct work order numbers.
● Ensure all rope access equipment is maintained and recorded in accordance with IRATA and LOLER regulations/guidelines
● Performing project management activities and manages rope access teams
● Check and verify all rope access personnel are suitably trained/qualified and hold all required IRATA documentation. IRATA cert, First Aid (for level 3’s) and in date rope access logbook
● Evaluating rope access projects during preparation and operations
● Carry out periodic workplace inspections
● Takes care of financial completion of executed projects
● Provide and support in house training activities.
● Maintain the compilation of all hours undertaken for rope access activities and submit Quarterly returns to Health and Safety Manager/ Director Operations
● Record and report any incident accident or near miss to the Health and Safety Manager/Director Operations
● Assist with accident and incident investigation
● Complete internal annual IRATA audits and submit to IRATA
● Support and assist with the IRATA requirements at other facilities
● Attend IRATA meetings in accordance with IRATA bye-law requirements
● Acquire new business in the field of inspection, maintenance and repairs
● Continuous development of Rope Access department and coordination of projects
● Any other ad hoc task commensurate to the role
Please send your resume at email@example.com.